Yaskawa Sigma 5 with Mp2600iec Controller

wolverine1981

Hello

I have a new Yaskawa Sigma 5 with Mp2600 controller. I am attempting to go online with the controller. I set the config and E-init dip switches on, In the demo version I have the settings of the I/P address in hardware coniguration of 192.168.1.1 also the samed in the TCP/IP settings. I then go to Online > Controller Configuration and receive an error of being unable to connect to controller. Any ideas apperciated.

Have A Good Night
Tom

If it is set to the same address, i.e. 192.168.1.1, it is not going to work. Set laptop to a different unused IP addrsss on the same subnet, say, 192.168.1.100.

Hello

Got it just needed cross over cable for initial communication.
Thank You for the help.

Tom

I can't believe that the simplest possible problem did not cross my mind :) Good old Mr. Occam...

I hope you realize that these troubles (correct IP address and correct cable type) were not specific to this make and model but rather are generic for any Ethernet-based communication system.