Zelio programming help need

adnanfarooq

i recently learn PLC AB slc 500 and start using zelio smart relay for my own small compactor business instead of timers and relay i used and made program of standard garbage compactor but i am having problem i am going to explain and if someone have any suggestion please reply me and i will be very thankful .
compactor photo sensor detects garbage and start motor Q1 and forward stroke Q2 is on and the travel time of ram from back to front is about 30 second and then the Q2 is off and then Q3is on after 30 second but the problem i am facing when its empty work perfect but as soon as biin start to full and the ram takes longer time to go forward and some times half way down the time 30 second up and its starts to come back as more load comes in and it takes more time to push garbage in bin and less time to travel backward and stays on untill 30 sec up so how can i make it perfect each and every time its goes forward for 30 sec and come back in 30 second how can i make it work understand
am i making any sense here please help ask me questions and i will give you answer

thanks

adnan Farooq

yes Q1 is motor and Q2 is forward stroke and Q3 is reverse stroke and Q4 is full light and so super of apartment building change bin i am using 6 Input /4 relay out put zelio smart plc relay

No, you make no sense.

If you know how to realize the function in ladder in PLC AB slc 500 then it should be no problem to realize in Zelio since the Ladder in Zelio is simple and straight forward.

If I understand correctly the travel time of your ram varies depending on its load.
You will need some feedback. ( position sensing)

i recently learn PLC AB slc 500 and start using zelio smart relay for my own small compactor business instead of timers and relay i used and made program of standard garbage compactor but i am having problem i am going to explain and if someone have any suggestion please reply me and i will be very thankful .
compactor photo sensor detects garbage and start motor Q1 and forward stroke Q2 is on and the travel time of ram from back to front is about 30 second and then the Q2 is off and then Q3is on after 30 second but the problem i am facing when its empty work perfect but as soon as biin start to full and the ram takes longer time to go forward and some times half way down the time 30 second up and its starts to come back as more load comes in and it takes more time to push garbage in bin and less time to travel backward and stays on untill 30 sec up so how can i make it perfect each and every time its goes forward for 30 sec and come back in 30 second how can i make it work understand
am i making any sense here please help ask me questions and i will give you answer

thanks

adnan Farooq

You're going to need limit switches that are made upon full extension and retraction. It's also possible that a pressure transducer could be used by detecting rapid increase in pressure when cylinders reach end of stroke. I use this method to detect end-of-stroke on a pneumatic sensor.

You could also use a linear position transducer. There are some really neat ones that are mounted on the end-cap of a cylinder with a rod that is affixed to the piston. It requires a bit of machine-shop work, but allows for precise cylinder position indication. It'll require an analog input on your Zelio, but I think most models have at least 2 inputs with 0-10 volt analog inputs.

i do not want to use any sensor i have seen a compactor companies here use zelio and siemens logo and i do not know what the program is in inside that unit because i cant download or see it because its password protected .
i have seen and have been working on compactor for the last 7 years they only have zelio relay and motor contactor insdie control panel and when the compactor bin is full full light comes on and shut down the compactor and there is no sensor what so ever except the photo sensor which actually activate compactor .
i dont know how i am going to fix this problem if i can have your email i will send you a program as attachment would you be able to make correction ?
let me know i appreciate your reply.

i do not want to use limit switch because i start using plc zelio relay to get rid of those limit switch and as you know its a garbage compactor some times there is no space to go in or reach the limit switch and repair or replace it ..you know what i mean?
any suggestion ?
i am up for it

Answer

I fully Agree with Micky.

That varies with Load. if max load then piston is taking time.

i have never seen this system before and hence I feel use of limit switches under such case is fine.

i know what you mean by that a compactor with out plc or smart relay in it uses 2 limit switches one in front and one in back also in control panel uses one forward relay and a relay when pressure goes to full or bin full it shut down the power and the full indicator light comes on the reason to use plc is to avoid using limit switches .
its hard to explain if some one give me email address or email me at [email protected] i will send a zelio program and as well as compactor electrical schematic in jpg format so you will know what i am talking about if you have any question go to this link and see what kind of compactor i am talking about thanks
http://products.construction.com/ma...54/products/durapak-trash-compactor-nst5683-p

i have seen and have been working on compactor for the last 7 years they only have zelio relay and motor contactor insdie control panel and when the compactor bin is full full light comes on and shut down the compactor and there is no sensor what so ever except the photo sensor which actually activate compactor .

Is there a possibility of a current sensing device/relay in this mix that you overlooked?

i never seen any feed back device or sensor in compactor i have been working on compactor for the last 7 years .

Another possibility is that motor loading could be signaled from a VFD to a PLC.

i do not want to use limit switch because i start using plc zelio relay to get rid of those limit switch and as you know its a garbage compactor some times there is no space to go in or reach the limit switch and repair or replace it ..you know what i mean?
any suggestion ?
i am up for it

I can envision using a VFD and a PLC to eliminate the end of travel limit switches.

i know what you mean by that a compactor with out plc or smart relay in it uses 2 limit switches one in front and one in back also in control panel uses one forward relay and a relay when pressure goes to full or bin full it shut down the power and the full indicator light comes on the reason to use plc is to avoid using limit switches