ZEN V2: sequential reuse of output bits ?

I think that a momentary closure of I1 should only bypass (or skip) the Q2 Output ON periods.

I1 ON should also cause the timers that control Q2 to be skipped, so that there are not waiting periods with no purpose.

You got it, this is basically how I envisioned it might work. Otherwise the timers carry on, hence the Q2 output would resume (until the timer had finished). This what I saw happening yesterday.

i not so understand what the OP requirement ,little bit confuse,

i attach my program if you can see anything,

maybe right,maybe wrong

Thanks for helping out osmanmom.

I don't actually have the Zen software/simulator needed for these .zen files. I was told ZENSOFT01-V4-PC was free, but I haven't yet seen a download link for it. I guess it's CD only?

Try this Revision 4. It tries to bypass the current timer when I1 goes ON during any Q2 ON period. It seems to work to cancel the Q2 time if I1 goes on just before or during the Q2 ON periods. If I1 goes on during Q0 and Q1 times, then errors occur.

Osmanmon, can you see how to fix the problem with this ZEN program?

Thanks Lancie1, this looks promising!

Here are some general observations:

First I0 button press

Stage 1: Q0 and Q1 outputs are as expected. Q2 motor output is also as expected.
Stages 2-4: Q0 and Q1 are both as expected. No output for Q2.

Second I0 button press

Stage 1: Q0-3 outputs all as expected.
Stage 2: Q0 output as expected. Q1 turns on unexpectedly for ~0.1 sec during Q0; then cycles as per its timer. No Q2 output.
Stage 3: Q0-Q1 as expected. No Q2 output.
Stage 4: Q0 timer only ~1 sec. Q1 as expected. No Q2 output.

Third I0 button press

Same behavior as first I0 button press.

Fourth I0 button press

Same behavior as second I0 button press.

Last edited:
Omron ZEN Version 2.0 Trial Installation File

I don't actually have the Zen software/simulator needed for these .zen files. I was told ZENSOFT01-V4-PC was free, but I haven't yet seen a download link for it. I guess it's CD only?
No, Omron made it available on their site a few years ago. Here is a link to the free 30-day trial version 2.0:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...n File/ZEN_Support_Software_Trial_Version.exe

Stage 2: Q0 output as expected. Q1 turns on unexpectedly for ~0.1 sec during Q0; then cycles as per its timer. No Q2 output.
One problem is that the ZEN is limited in what you can do with the timers. There is no way to reset a timer Preset time from within the program. That means no easy or reliable way to bypass or reset a timer to a different value (once it has started running). In this program with a chain of 12 cascaded timers, if you kill a timer completely, then all other timers below will also be de-energized, causing more malfunctions. I will look at it again to see if there is any better way.

Last edited:
Stage 2: Q0 output as expected. Q1 turns on unexpectedly for ~0.1 sec during Q0;
I think the only way that Q1 would turn on unexpectedly is that the I1 Shaft Switch had to go on during the Q0 time. Is that possible or likely?

If it is possible, then that is another event that will have to be protected or locked out. If I1 can go on during the Q0 time, then I1 probabaly will at some time go on during the Q1 time as well. Somehow we have to prevent those events, while allowing the ZEN to see I1 during the Q2 time periods.

Here is Revision 5, with a slight improvement. The timer bypass is blocked for time periods Q0 and Q1, only allowing I1 to have any effect except in the Q2 time periods. Running the simulator, it seems to work except when I1 goes on during Q2 ON, then Q2 sometimes flashes On, Off, On, then finally OFF. Can this flaw could be tolerated by your program?

Last edited:
Here is Revision 5, with a slight improvement. The timer bypass is blocked for time periods Q0 and Q1, only allowing I1 to have any effect except in the Q2 time periods. Running the simulator, it seems to work except when I1 goes on during Q2 ON, then Q2 sometimes flashes On, Off, On, then finally OFF. Can this flaw could be tolerated by your program?

Right, well after downloading and installing the ZEN software and running your program (R5) I can see exactly what you mean by the flickering ON/OFF of Q2, if I1 is triggered during a Q2 ON period (it will be, it needs to trigger I1 each time). The flickering can be tolerated on Q2 (but not Q01 and Q1).

On my actual ZEN the R5 program behaves a little differently:
- no output on Q2 for stages 3-4
- and it's Q1 that flickers (if I1 turns ON during Q2); not Q2.

I must have programmed the ZEN wrong :confused: Right, time to check for the third time!

Everything seems ok now (after typing out R5 from scratch on the ZEN), except the last Q0 timer. For some reason it only activates for 1 sec?

I forgot to mention, this effect can be seen in the simulation of program R5 too.

Try this Revision 6. The Q0 problem in the last step is fixed. The only remaining problem is that Q2 blinks on/off, on/off in Steps 2 & 3. I haven't been able to see exactly what causes that. I think it is that M1 is getting set and reset a couple of times before Q2 finally is locked out when the I1 switch is ON.

Last edited:
I think I found the problems. Revision 7 should work. I also set the Properties to match your model, and removed all unused addresses and other leftover baggage.

Lancie

i had make modification on your program,

make the Push button Input-0 act as STOP mode if press for second times

and if

the Input-0 continues active the system will not until it release.

That's interesting. In R7 the final Q0 duration is short like in R5.

So, I tried reverting line 14 back to R6 thinking this might help. It sort of did (in terms of Q0 output timing), but then I lost the final Q2 output :-D

1.) The Pusher extends and hold it then TIMER-Xa active retract the pusher (Q0)

2.) The cycle will count after retract (C0).

3.) Timer-Xb will active and motor will rotate 1 turn for only 1 sec for each movement.1 CYCLE complete. (1st Surface)

4.) Pusher extends again and holds it then TIMER-Xc active then retract the pusher (Q0).

5.) The cycle will count after retract (C0).

6.) Timer-Xd will active and motor will rotate 1 turn for only 1 sec for every movement.2 CYCLE complete. (2nd Surface)

continue it with,

cycle-3 with Timer-Xe and Timer-Xf

and

cycle-4 with Timer-Xg and Timer-Xh.

Process end.

Now using 8 timer.

The 4 surface Cube will have an individual timer for laser/heat (?)

if Input-1 active at any sequence Q2 will off and Timer for controlling Q2 then will skip/bypass after Q1 fallen down.

then go to Q0 section to active again until count complete.

Q0 = Cylinder and Laser/heat?
Q1 = motor ?
Q2 = ?

Is this your process requirement?

Thanks for the help, Osman.

Try this Revision 8, with changes to Rungs 24 and 36.

Now that we know how the machine works, in hindsight there are probably much easier ways that would work better on the ZEN programmable relay. Possibly the Timers that control Q2 could be placed together, and then I1 switch could be used to trigger a shunt contact that diverted the program flow past the Q2 timers.

Last edited: