ISA Symbol

Greg Dake

Greetings,

Does anyone know the ISA (or other) designation for an ultrasonic sensor? ISA designates "US" for a utility station. The ultrasonic sensor I'm using is measuring distance, so perhaps "DS" for distance sensor? Any ideas?

TIA,

Greg

Hi MordredGreg doesn't want the symbol, he wants the "designation for an ultrasonic sensor".
the page you attached is part of a 1652 page documment "IEC 60617"
with all the IEC symbols

Here is an ISA chart that I have posted before.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=5391

ISA tag nomenclature ususally refers to measured variable, not the instrumentation method, dimension sensors use the first letter Z whether they be prox, ultrasonic, laser, mechanical limit switch, etc. Subsequent letters describe the instrument function but not necessarily the instrumentation method. So the ultrasonic distance sensor would be ZT-### for a transmitter, or ZS-### for a switch, also ZSL-### for a low switch, ZSH-### for a high switch, etc.

Last edited: