ExpressCard to PCMCIA Adapter for 1784-PCMK

Reply from DUEL

Just got this from DUEL.:cry:

"Unfortunately the Allen-Bradley 1784-PCMK cards are not compatible with the DuelAdapter at this time. We are working on a solution for this issue and hope to have it working soon."
So fingers crossed for now. If you want it, maybe asking them will increase the priority.

williemazda; Can you post your system stats, and exactly how got yours running with the PCMK. I have a ser A and B I can try. thx.

my laptop has both PCMCIA nad EC slots but I've tried one ECtoPCMCIA adapter. The only thing that was recognized was the CP5512 from Siemens. This is the most recent card I have and the only one that has marked 32-bit on it.

other PCMCIA cards tried in EC adapter are PCMK version B, SunDisk CF reader, Ethernet 10/100 card from LinkSys. none of them would get recognized.

One thing I noticed is that EC adapter MUST be inserted and recognized first, then PCMCIA card has to be inserted. if the PCMCIA card was inserted in EC adapter before they are connected to laptop, it would not work.

I am Confused!!!

So what is the verdict, because I am minutes away from purchasing the Duel Adapter. I need DH+ comms through the Express slot, running XP SP2 and PCMCIA version B card.

williemazda says that it works.....

But, I have not heard any confirmation from others.

Can anyone else give me the results?

NEWS FEED: I just spoke to Duel Systems, and they say that the 1784-PCMK Does NOT WORK with their system.

So, I am still interested in your opinions....
What is williemazda talking about?

Last edited:
Sorry I never got it to work with DUAL, I think there are supply, and spec issues, it is just too old.
Now using a 1784-U2DHp which works great on any 32bit Windows, and VMWare.

Two thumbs down

I guess Willie has the magic touch. No matter what I tried, I could not get anything to detect the PCMK series B in my Dell Vostro running XP Pro SP3

I hope somebody figures it out and shares the solution here. I can't justify the expense of buying a new adapter when all I have to do is haul around another older computer with me instead. :mad:

I purchase an EXPRESSCARD 16 BIT PCMCIA/32 BIT CARDBUS adapter card. # EPA001-01. It works great. Plug and Play with no problems. Check out webpage PILOTECH.COM

I purchased it on Ebay. They ship out of Hong Kong. Just checked ebay and they are still listed as available. ExpressCard 34 to 16/32 bit PCMCIA Cardbus Card Adapter - eBay (item 290445676. I'm using a dell Inspiron laptop with XP and using RSLINX ver 2.40.01. It is running right now for about $40 shipping costs included. It took about 2 weeks shipping from Hong Kong. I just received it and it picked up my PCMK /B card which other adapters didn't. I'm going to try it on a SLC/504 in about an hours time. I will followup on how it does.

regards

Mike

express card to pmck/b adapter card

Had to get a battery for the SLC 504. Everything worked out fine. Was able to program the logic and switch to remote program and run. Haven't got a plc 5 which I'm sure will work.

Mike

Had to get a battery for the SLC 504. Everything worked out fine. Was able to program the logic and switch to remote program and run. Haven't got a plc 5 which I'm sure will work.

Mike

Thanks for getting back with some good news for those that have the PCMK card.

Sorry to resurrect this thread.

Ive just found it on google lol

Ive just got a new laptop which has ExpressCard and no PCMCIA.
So ive just gone an bought an adaptor of ebay to try. I then found this thread, the one listed about on ebay, is the same one ive ordered. Ill update this thread when it arrives from Hong Kong.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....560053&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2556wt_989
Link to the adaptor.

May be of use to some people.

Well it was at home when i got in just now. Seems all right, although a lil loose when in the slot. But that might just be the Express card (its a 34 card in a 54 slot). I havent got my PCMK here at home, but i have tested an Ethernet PCMICA card in the adaptor. It works fine. The PCMCIA does stick out a bit, about 30mm. Feels solid in the adaptor, although it is very long. The adaptor has about 25mm plastic bit that the PCMCIA slots into, this looks like it would be perfect for the PCMK pod sticky.

Monday i will stick my PCMK in and see what happens.

Well. I stuck it all in the holes to see what happened.

Firstly just the expresscard adaptor. Nicely recognised as a cardbus adaptor by windows and it did its thing.

Next to insert the PCMK card. At first nothing happened, then i removed and re seated. I realised that as i pushed the PCMK into the adaptor, the adaptor click and popped out.

Anyways, windows recognised the card as an Allen - Bradley PCMK/B card and tried to do something. Only to be stopped by my stupid laptop and our IT department. I need admin rights, something that was suppose to have been set already!!!

As far as i have got, i.e. windows recognising the card, it has all worked fine. But i havent got Linx on here yet (again IT department **** up) so cant test actually using the thing :mad:

Anyways heres some pics;