Panel View

shazad5444

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

Please let me know how to run and load *.mer file in panel view, which was run last. I have multiple files in my panel view, I'm selecting desired file, loading and running it, but when reboot the system Panelview runs old files, which was running in beginning. What I should do so PV run only that file which we want.

I have found you have to remove the old versions and only have the latest on it. Then it runs it. Make sure the keep the old ones on flash or USB stick tho just in case

That is my solution. Not sure if it is the only one. Maybe someone else will be able to tell us otherwise. Why do.you want to keep those versions on still?

Load the correct .mer. Be sure the file name is in the 'Current application' dialog box.
Go into 'Terminal Settings', go into 'FactoryTalk View ME Station Startup'
Select the 'Run Current Application' radio button. Press 'OK'.

Now that .mer will load and run on startup.

See I had tried this before without success so I just always leave only my current on the screen. Just how I do things. When I tried this before tho i was green. 3 or so years ago. Lol

Load the correct .mer. Be sure the file name is in the 'Current application' dialog box.
Go into 'Terminal Settings', go into 'FactoryTalk View ME Station Startup'
Select the 'Run Current Application' radio button. Press 'OK'.

Now that .mer will load and run on startup.

Always works for me...provided I remember to do it :whistle:

Jason, Thank you very much for your great support, I tried by following your pictures, but unfortunately I don't have "FTV Me Station Startup" all other parameters exist on that screen. Later I will share the HMI pictures.

@shazad544: I understand that you have a PanelView but you never said what model/firmware or if you have FTV Studio.

Anyways, there's other method when you don't have physical access to the PV, vía communication. If you have Studio, just upload the .mer file and download it again enabling the "Run appplication at start-up" checkbox in the transfer utility.

Jason, Thank you very much for your great support, I tried by following your pictures, but unfortunately I don't have "FTV Me Station Startup" all other parameters exist on that screen. Later I will share the HMI pictures.

You're welcome! Sorry it didn't work out as I thought it would. Yes, let's see some pictures. Maybe what you are working with is an oddball model. I think the oldest panelview we have here is somewhere around a revision 5.10. Maybe what you have is older..?

@shazad544: I understand that you have a PanelView but you never said what model/firmware or if you have FTV Studio.

Anyways, there's other method when you don't have physical access to the PV, vía communication. If you have Studio, just upload the .mer file and download it again enabling the "Run appplication at start-up" checkbox in the transfer utility.

Also a good idea! (y)

Hello Jason, We have PV 1250 and Factory Talkview 7. I deleted to old file by thinking this that now it will take automatically new application but went wrong,after rebooting the panel PV saying didn't find the application, then again I go to load and run. Unfortunately, right now I don't have my laptop with me which have Rockwell softwares, I traveled with my Siemens software laptop, so I'm downloading HMI applications by using USB device. So now need your expert views to to resolve my problem on screen boot / Restart.

Hello Friends. As I mentioned earlier, I deleted existing file from Panel View, by thinking that now it will take new file on startup, but it went wrong and on startup PV HMI Stops and looking for existing file, so I copied back *.mer file with same name (I mean updated .mer file), now it is working fine, I did same exercise on other machines and copied updated file with same name and it worked for me. So right now I found only this solution to copying file by using USB / Flash device.