DirectSoft wont save to disk..

elevmike

Go figure...I'm on a site today and made a change to the program. I could save it to the PLC but not to the disk (laptop w/DS4 & Win98). I kept getting a diolag box that said there is a disk error or it's write protected..I cant figure out what's wrong. Likely something stupid, but am open for suggestions...

That's the error I get when I 'forget' that I can't open a project I stored on a CD-R... šŸ™ƒ

Assuming you aren't working off a CD, check the properties of the folder the project is stored in. It may have been accidentally set to 'Read Only'. Also check all the project files in that folder. Just select all, then right click and choose properties. You can look at the common properties of all. If any one of them is set to 'Read Only', you'll see a dim checkmark.
šŸ»

-Eric

Yes, once it goes on a CD-R, it gets flagged as 'Read Only'. What is equally annoying is that you'll get this error even if you simply try to VIEW the program on a CD, because it wants to save your last view when you exit.

šŸ»

-Eric