siemens and allen bradley

stu

hi guys
I have allen Bradley software on a laptop , and would like to but siemens tia portal and classic on the same laptop ?
is there still issues with the two software's on the same laptop ?
or do I have to use a virtual machine ?

You dont have to but I do... I think they run better when on their own, they both want to have control so if possible I would run them on different VM's

I do have one laptop where I have both 500/5000 (not studio) and a older version of TIA and it runs

You CAN have them side by side, but most people use VMs on general principles.

My understanding is that the issues we hear about were mostly related to comm ports, and software reserving them even when no UI is open so you don't know. This was a huge deal for serial, but my understanding is that it's less important for Ethernet comms, since Windows makes all apps share.