CoDeSys: SysDir Library or CAA File library?

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello to CoDeSys gurus. Here is a bit vague inquiry. My hope is there may be someone in the forum with previous experience who can give some words of wisdom.
I am developing an application for a customer who will deploy the application in different sites. For each site there are a number of things that need to be configured. Not too difficult stuff, just some ASCII strings for identification of location and codes for devices. The idea is that I will create an application that reads text files and from this information the screens and so on are updated, such that it is not necessary to build the CoDeSys project at every customer's site. As well, I will develop an editor for the parameters and let the customer assign names for each configuration, so that configurations can be selected. So I need to check whether someone deleted the directory with the configuration data, check the files in the directory and display detected configuration files and so on, and now I realize that CoDeSys has two different libraries that can roughly do the same, reason for this post.
Which one would you choose? Which of the two is more current or will be better supported in the future, SysDir Library or CAA File library? The sample application from the CoDeSys store has this "FileUtilities" project which uses SysDir.
Well, if somebody has some hits and advice, as always I will be very grateful for this advice.

OK, I should have studied the FileUtilities a bit closer before asking. It seems that depending on whether the modifications are synchronous or asynchronous one library is more suitable than the other. Still trying to figure out the difference so I would still be happy to get some advice.

2021-08-04_FileUtilities.png