Logging historic values of a Tag

DavidFogle

I'm doing a routine that will average out a value based on a real-time measurement and create an alarm level X% higher than the value.

This routine will be reset pretty often and the alarm level tag will change each time due to the measurement being significantly higher or lower.

My question is: Is there a way to log or keep a record of the alarm level tag value each time the routine is reset and a new alarm value is set?

Thanks,

David Fogle

@David: Yes, you can set up an FIFO array and every time you reset you enter data to the FIFO array , the size of array depends on how many values you want to preserve.

Similar Topics

Hi folks, I'm not as accustom with Siemens & WinCC, however I've been asked to increase the amount of data an existing application is logging...
Replies
Views
Hi, Wy we log data in PLC using DLG instruction, when we have option to log data in HMI
Replies
Views
Hi everyone id like to start by saying im not a PLC programmer so my technical terminology is limited. i would like advice on what software is...
Replies
Views
After the new very nice update to this site I could not log in with my original password, tried to recover my account but did not recieve a email...
Replies
Views
I have some datalogging set up on an S7-1211. Most basic controller, but 1MB of memory should be enough. A single log is 222 bytes and logs an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom