Crimson 3.1 Password management

Joe Sacca

Hello,
I am using Crimson 3.1 on one of our products. The software includes a "widget" to manage the users passwords while in run mode. I need to manage the passwords separately than the Widget and RLC support has told me that I can made the password a simple string tag defined in the Security section of the software. The problem I ran into is that even when I change the string tag value the actual password does not change. It looks like the two are disconnected even though they are defined as one and the same.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I gave up on their built in security. But I did have a play and noticed that in the Security section, and selecting a User, next to the box where you enter the string tag is a tick box 'Override Existing'. Have you ticked that box?