FTView SE & ControlLogix Communication Problem

fatihkorum7

Hello PLC folks,

I am using ControlLogix L74 v21 PLC and FTView Studio SE v10 in my current project. I have one engineering PC in which I hold all the programs as the control unit and I have two operator PCs which have only FTView Studio and Client for the SCADA application and one for server to be able to share the SCADA with external sources as view-only.

The project is technically ended but there is a problem with supposedly communication. While I am working on Studio5000 with PLC is online, if I start a modification in PLC program, the operator is not able to navigate to a page. Basically the SCADA freezes along with Studio5000 until Studio5000 is back to function.

For example; If I create a tag on Studio5000, it freezes for around a minute and during this time, the SCADA is still able to read values from the PLC but cannot function to navigate to another page or even a motor's pop-up. Once Studio5000 is back, everything comes back to normal.

We reduced the amount of SCADA in use to one in order to be sure about the number communication that the PLC is operating. Currently only one PLC and one SCADA application are running simultaneously, but still the same issue occurs.

In PLC program, we switched from Continuous Task to Periodic Task. The whole PLC program is divided into 5 and each of them is set as Periodic Task. The period time for each task is around 500ms though it varies. And the watchdog time for each task is around 700ms and this also varies. I wanted to be flexible with times, not to suffocate the PLC hence I could get a healthy result in terms of the communication issue. But it didn't work.

I would highly appreciate it if somebody can help me with this problem.