AB CompactLogix PLC and Modbus Communication

Hani ahmed

Dear All
I'm new in Transfer data from filed to AB PLC ( Compact Logix) by using Modbus communication module. So please if any one have the experiences or done like that project tell me the required procedures to extract data from filed, creating tags for and sending control commands through that modbus module.

The most common Modbus module for the CompactLogix is the MVI69-MCM from Prosoft Technology. It uses the Prosoft Configuration Builder software to create configurations that are loaded using the RS-232 configuration port.

You can get example configurations, example programs, and full product documentation from the Prosoft website. There is even a setup video.

http://psft.com/content/view/full/6058

If you have a different module, or if you have specific questions about configuring your module, please post those.

The first thing you need to determine is whether the CompactLogix will be functioning as a Modbus Slave or as a Modbus Master.