You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old August 4th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #1
leitmotif
United States

GE Fanuc 90 30 info

We have several machines with GE Fanuc 90 -30 PLC in them. I know a little on Allen Bradley / Rockwell but nothing about GE Fanuc. We have no manuals.

Where can I get study material so I can learn how to deal with at least the basics?

Where can I get manuals?

I suppose I should have make model serial number of the unit, but I just saw it today (on job 40 days and no I am not Noah and it hasnt rained in Seattle for at least a week -- hooray)

I can see my education continuing

Dan Bentler
Old August 4th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

You can go here:
http://support.gefanuc.com/support/i...age=docchannel

Under "Product Family", select "Controllers & IO"
Under "Product Name", select 90-30
Under "Categories", select "Manuals"

The hardware manual is GFK-0356*. The last character of the publication number is the revision level.

For an instruction set manual, I like GFK-0467*. It was written for the old DOS Logicmaster software, but in my opinion it is more thorough than more recent manuals.

You might also want to download GFK-0898*. That has the specs and wiring of the I/O modules.

There are also manuals written specifically for the special purpose modules. If you can identify what modules you have over and above the discrete and analog I/O, I can identify the publication numbers you need to download.
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #3
leitmotif
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bailey
You can go here:
http://support.gefanuc.com/support/i...age=docchannel

Under "Product Family", select "Controllers & IO"
Under "Product Name", select 90-30
Under "Categories", select "Manuals"

The hardware manual is GFK-0356*. The last character of the publication number is the revision level.

For an instruction set manual, I like GFK-0467*. It was written for the old DOS Logicmaster software, but in my opinion it is more thorough than more recent manuals.

You might also want to download GFK-0898*. That has the specs and wiring of the I/O modules.

There are also manuals written specifically for the special purpose modules. If you can identify what modules you have over and above the discrete and analog I/O, I can identify the publication numbers you need to download.
Thank you Steve
Looks like I got some reading to do.

Dan
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #4
tomalbright
United States

I've found that for most basic apps, GE and AB are programmed so similarly that it's easy to switch between them, programming wise. The big difference is GE's more specialized commands.

If you know what type of function you are looking for, it's pretty easy to find. I actually like the editor in Proficy (and the prior GE products) a lot. In some ways it is better than AB editors. And I'm an AB man...

Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum