You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old June 11th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Ritwik
India

RS Logix fatal error in FBD

I am new member in this forum. Please regarding following fatal error in RS Logix.

I am getting Fatal Error whenever I am trying to create a new IREF base tag in FBD or when I am trying to copy an existing base tag to an IREF element in any sheet in FBD.

There is no problem in ladder. Even in FBD, if I try to insert any BOR or BAND block, there is no problem. Fatal error is coming only in case of Iref item

Error code is: RXE_A_READY_EXISTS (object already exists and can not be created twice).

Error no: Ox80042003

Thanks,
Ritwik
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Welcome to the Forum !

The issue you are describing sounds like a bug in the data handling for IREF blocks in RSLogix 5000 prior to v20.

The error, its causes, and several workarounds are described in the Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase as Article ID # 64462. You need a TechConnect support contract to view that article.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum