how to optimaze work memory SIEMENS

IgorC

Hello,
I'm working at a CPU 313C (using TIA portal), and i would like to optimize my work memory usage, once i can't increase this memory. For that i would like to know what really goes to the work memory. I've been looking for it, but i've just found concepts of memory's kinds.
For exemple IEC timers like TON consume more work memory then if i use a SIMATIC timer like S_PULSE?
I read another post that says: "Elliminate any blocks including Library functions that are not being used. If you are not using STL then look to start converting some LAD to STL."
When he says "blocks including Library" what does he means? And the language influence in that?(i'm using FBD).
Thank you now.

Similar Topics

Hi folks, I'm not as accustom with Siemens & WinCC, however I've been asked to increase the amount of data an existing application is logging...
Replies
Views
Hi, Yesterday, I was at a customer site. I made one little change. Changed a dummy bool output to an actual output. I didn't add any tags, or...
Replies
Views
I have a c-more micro with a three digit input box on one of the screens. This is being written to a memory location in a DL05. I don't have the...
Replies
Views
Hello PLC friends. I've been going through a saga of diagnosing and fixing an old PLC setup that I inherited. I am learning as I go. Initial...
Replies
Views
Hi folks ! Got an older Modicom BM85 and I suspect that it's not passing data to ModBus+ network. We had a power loss for a few days and I suspect...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom