Softlogix 5800 / Emulate 5000

Greg Dake

Hello!

I have a 1769-AENTR module, and associated 1769 I/O modules, which comprise a remote I/O rack with no physical processor in the rack.

I just built this system and am looking to test I/O but don't have a physical processor. I should be able to test I/O using my laptop and Softlogix 5800 correct?

The other software product, Emulate 5000, I am pretty sure I cannot test physical I/O from my laptop, only run and simulate the PLC program.

TIA,

Greg

You are correct; SoftLogix can perform messaging, control motion, and run I/O on Ethernet, but Emulate 5000 can only work with virtual modules in the virtual backplane.

Thanks Ken, I new this would be right up you alley and you'd respond!

On a site note, in talking with support, neither support Windows 10. Emulate 5000's next version will, Softlogix will remain at v23 forever and not support Windows 10.

Softlogix will remain at v23 forever and not support Windows 10.

That sucks, hopefully Emulate will at least get the virtual Ethernet card.

I use Softlogix all the time because I can setup comm drivers as if it were the real thing.