What do I need to program a FX-80MR-ES PLC?

The Fx 20p cab is a programming lead of sorts but not what you need.
The FX 20p E is a hand held programmer that the fx20p-cab fits into. (The lead also fits beijers HMI's)

The hand held programmer only programs in 'statement list' not ladder. This is probably not the way to go for a beginner (I am presuming you are a beginner)

As stated, the lead you need is called an SC-09. They are not cheap, $100

Where would I be able to purchase the sc09 and Developer 7. Mitsubishi has the cable for sc09, but isn't there a cheaper place? How much is this software going to cost me?

Try
SC-09 ebay

or a little cheaper
SC-05 ebay
The SC-05 is the same thing as the SC-09 except it doesn't come with the FX-20P-CADP attachment which you will not need if your plc has a 422 port.
If you don't want to use the old dos based medoc software the cheapest software I know of is the FX WIN software which isn't too bad. They gave me a free copy after I bought an fx0 plc from them on ebay for $35 dollars. You may want to check there website they use to offer a free version. It would only allow you to program 800 steps though.

BTW: no I don't work for ebay :D

My PLC doesn't have a 9 pin RS422 port but it does have a 25 pin RS232 port. The SC-05 will not work without the attachment then?

the SC09 Cable:
DB9 side: 232 PC COM Port
DB25 Side: 422 PLC Prog Port
the easy way is using four-five resistors instead the IC in the cable, many chinese guy use this method, not sure for all Mitsubishi PLC.