RsLink Lite 2.41/2.42 Download

Peacemaker

Recently I bought a 1747-PIC interface cable from plccables.com but I could not use it because of "Fatal Error initializing PIC Driver". My laptop is running Win XP Pro SP3 with RsLink Classic Lite V2.53 and my RS-232C serial port is real type not usb-serial converter one. Of course I launched RsLink in "Application" mode. I tried clean installed com1 after uninstalling com1 but still no luck. Driver is in "Stopped" state with "Startup" "Start", and "Stop" tabs are all grayed out. I visited their website and belatedly found out it seems to work on RsLink V2.41 or V2.42 only. Anyone knows where I can aquire that old versions?

Thanks in advance.

Strange...

Even though they are competitors of mine they are also friends and I have never (*repeat* never) heard anything bad about there products, I have purchased them (PIC's) and resold them, have you brought this up to them?? You may have just got a bad cable.... this does happen from time to time, I have tested a cable sent it to a customer, then it fail for what ever reason...

Also try this www.plctrainer.net/Setting_up_a_PIC.pdf

I am running an older version 2.5 on this laptop and have used my PIC on it, I am sure that Chris's PIC also works on this one also running XP

From your post I think you know what you are doing but read the procedure as you may have skipped something??

Mark

Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback and I followed your procedurs but same thing. I checked device manager on my laptop and found out
"AB PIC/AIC+ Port" has not been loaded onto COM 1. Something wrong with XP Pro Service Pack 3 or laptop's configuration? No clue yet. Thanks anyway.

Peacemaker said:
Recently I bought a 1747-PIC interface cable from plccables.com but I could not use it because of "Fatal Error initializing PIC Driver". My laptop is running Win XP Pro SP3 with RsLink Classic Lite V2.53 and my RS-232C serial port is real type not usb-serial converter one. Of course I launched RsLink in "Application" mode. I tried clean installed com1 after uninstalling com1 but still no luck. Driver is in "Stopped" state with "Startup" "Start", and "Stop" tabs are all grayed out. I visited their website and belatedly found out it seems to work on RsLink V2.41 or V2.42 only. Anyone knows where I can aquire that old versions?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same exact problem. Let me know if you found out how to fix it!!!

Thanks,