AB micrologix shortage?

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
anyone know anything about this? my distributor is saying that AB is having part shortages for the micrologix line and that delivery is like 2-5 months? wtf>?

Oh, this is good...Glad that I heard it on here first, instead of planning a project based on one and not getting it.

Yes, I really think it'd be a good idea to keep a stickie or something up at the top of the site until the issue's fixed. That way we wouldn't have so many people asking about this, and could possibly have a place to discuss the issue and post any updates (like a better estimate on how long things'll be backed up till, and such).

did allen bradley issue any kind of official statement on this? I havent seen anything so it seems like they are trying to keep it under wraps.

While not directly related I have always found the vertical integration/core competency argument kind of interesting. Where do you draw the line? I understand that AB can't manufacture their own ICs. But if you don't you run the risk of a situation like this. (NOTE: I don't know if they are waiting for ICs; its just an example)

For example, on one side you have Phoenix Contact who manufactures their own screws. On the other side we recently had a load cell manufacturer who couldn't get us product because THEIR supplier couldn't get them sensing beams. For those who don't know, the sensing beam in a loadcell is the physical structure that bends under load to stress the strain gage. This is what makes a load cell a load cell and it is being jobbed out. The happy medium must be somewhere in the middle.

Keith

Just FYI, I head from our distributor today that it's impacting the entire line, it's just going to be a matter of which models they had stock of before whatever this issue is cropped up. I'm waiting to hear from our regional Rockwell guy to see what the anticipated ship date is for a ML1400 we ordered several weeks ago.

Yep, our local distributor told me today that it could be until June when the situation with the Micrologix series comes back to normal. He didn't know if the shortage applies to the I/O modules. Anybody have had problems getting modules for Micrologix?