CompactLogix L35E to 1769-OF8C ???

JHarbin

What am I doing wrong?

I have configured my module for PERCENT RANGE (0-10000) and have a tag connected to output 0. No matter what I set the tag to, it shows up at Local:2:O.Ch0Data but the 4-20mA stays at 4.0 mA.

I know it is something simple just can't figure out what.

Could you post your program for us? I don't know about everybody else, but my crystal ball is running a little foggy today ;)

There's a number of things it could be, from configuration, to the processor not being in RUN, to the program rung not scanning, to...

Yea - I know it could be about anything, but the processor is in Run and I am programming in function block and the routine is running. I'm reading my AI points right next to the logic for the Analog Output.

I just figured there was a gotcha that the old CompactLogix gurus had figured out long ago.

I finally figured it out - the Hi Clamp is set by default to 1. Since I wanted to use PCT RANGE I had to set it to 10000.

MODERATOR REQUEST:

If you have a new question, please create a new Thread for that question.

Go back one level in the Forum to the "LIVE PLC Questions & Answers" page, and use the Start a New Thread button.

newthread.gif

If your question is directly related to an old question, you can link to the old question by copy/pasting the URL of the old thread into your new thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Forum, Andre !

When you create your new thread, please include details about which controller you are using (MicroLogix or CompactLogix), as well as details about the analog circuit connected to the module.