MOVE instruction

Hi guys, why do we need to MOVE data?? like in S7-200.. I remeber the MOVE byte... hmmm how about registers???? If my input is analog... what instruction will I use? does Move instruction has any relevant in converting analog to digital??

A newbie here.., :unsure:

Thanks guys.

I would use the Move Byte if I had an Input byte (IB1) that I wanted to display on the value on my HMI (VB10), since I use V bits for my HMI.
IB1 [Move Byte]->VB10.

From the manual.
The Move Byte (MOVB) instruction moves the input byte (IN) to the output byte (OUT) without changing the original value.

-Joel

That was just one instance I could think of.
It can be used whenever you want to copy a byte from 1 area to another.

As the previous post says, it is just used to copy one byte to another. Any memory area say IB, QB, VB, MB, LB can be copied to any other area (except IB)or the other byte within the same area (again except IB).

Basically scan cycle is in terms of milli seconds. So an input change cannot be seen or felt as such.. As soon as you change the state of the input, within milliseconds it gets updated in the scan cycle..

If this is not what you are asking for, could you be more detailed please?

Don't think about it so hard

I was trying to ge the OP to put a little thought into why one would use a MOVE. My question is just one case where a MOVE would be needed.

Keith

How about using recipes? Depending on the settings of an selector switch, set different values for timers, counters, etc. Easiest way to do it is with...

Regards,

As the previous post says, it is just used to copy one byte to another. Any memory area say IB, QB, VB, MB, LB can be copied to any other area (except IB)or the other byte within the same area (again except IB).
You definitely CAN copy to an IB range, this is how input forces are done if forcing is not available for that type of PLC.

Regards,