Wonderware InTouch Indirect Tag Addressing

aiki202

I am trying to use an indirect tag address in a Data Change script as follows:

Whenever the Number tag value changes the following script executes. The problem is that I am not getting the strTempString to populate the IndirectDevice.Name field. Note that the strTempString is being populated correctly (I verified this).

strTempString = "Device_" + Text(Number, "###" ) + "_Busy";
IndirectDevice.Name = strTempString;
IF IndirectDevice == 1 THEN
{Do something...}
ENDIF;

Any ideas?

Thanks

I think that "IndirectDevice" has to be declared as an Indirect Analog.
The other issue I have found that after you get the new tag named ok that it will not have/read the data from you IO device immediatly.
Have had to put the new tag in a script that will do the action once it has new data which could be 1-2seconds later.