Wonderware intouch scada

petehannon007

Hi guys,
I have experience with PLC to Excel etc...just starting on using intouch scada screens.
I have an Excel sheet that uses mainly information from the PLC - however I use certain excel formulas to workout certain other cells. Because of this my question is :
Can scada read information / integer "from" an Excel cell
Ie could I make a scada window mirroring my excel sheet?
I know I can send info to the excel, and excel read from scada etc.... But can it be done the other way around?

Yes, you can read and write to/from Excel from Intouch.
There is a description on how to do it in one of the Intouch manuals.
You can also use an Active-X spreadsheet to see file in Intouch, but you need a copy of Office Web Components (OWC) installed to get Active-X.

Here is you tube videos..

Excel communication with intouch SCADA | intouch DDE communication with microsoft excel

#PART14 SCADA and Excel Communication in Intouch SCADA Software #INTOUCH #WONDERWARE

Google search..
intouch communication with excel - Google Search

Last edited: