FactoryTalk Communication Problem

maiko

Hi all
Now I create the application for monitoring but now occured the problem with communication. When i want test the app...there will shown the message /The item is no longer available...and others messages.
I have set communication target to each controllers.
This is my first app where i receive data from many controllers. Im not sure if its correct.
Before when i develop the app i used the Windows XP.
Now i use Windows 7 Enterprise.

What can be problem?
Thanks

test 1.jpg

Last edited:
In your screen shot above, on the right hand side window, there are two tabs - "Design (Local)" and "Runtime (Target)".

Are these identical??

Ok,
Looking again, is your address syntax someting like
::[PLC1]Line.Plc.Bool[5]

or is it

:[PLC1]Line.Plc.Bool[5]

Notice the difference....

Ian,

In FactoryTalk, the only time that :: is used in a tag is when there is a : in the tag name.

Mark
Hi Mark,

I disagree... I think...

Isn't the correct syntax something like

::[shortcut_name]tagname

or

::[shortcut_name]address (such as B3:0/1)

etc

I believed that the shortcut name should always be prefixed with ::

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Ian,

These tags are taken directly from a project.

{::[Britvic]P40101_CHA_CIP_Feed_Pump:I.OutputFreq}

{[Britvic]AV10105.Valve_Mode}

Britvic is the Shortcut name for the PLC.

As taken from your attachment......The 2 colons are necessary when the address contains a colon, for example N7:0

Mark

Mark,

So when I squint & look at the OP screenshot, I see only one :

I thought that might be his problem...
So he either has two colons or no zero colons?

Ian

I also think that the OP shortcut name is incorrect..

On the Left Hand window, I cannot see a shortcut [PLC_01]

I'm not 100% sure because I cant seem to replicate the fault, but I think that the colon is there as part of the error, not as part of the tag name.

The one thing that does stand out is that the shortcut in his tag name is PLC1, but there is no such shortcut set up in his communications tab, he has L_60, L_55 and L_63 something or other I cant quite see.

So to me FactoryTalk is looking for a shortcut to a PLC that isn't defined.

Mark

Hi guys
Now problem is fixed. My mistake.My [shortcut_name]in app indicator and connection setup was different.
My mistake happend because i was only copied tags from list in another project.
Mark's explanation is correct.

Thanks a lot both of you.