FactoryTalk communication problem

NemanjaN

Hello all,

I have to replace the old panel with new PanelView Plus 600 panel. I have already done the conversion of old .PVA file with FactoryTalk import option.
After conversion, I got some .log file about what I should change in new program (conversion was not really good). I will have some questions about that too later, but first if you can help me with communication problem.

After conversion, I opened the Communication Setup to make a communication between computer and panel. I use serial adapter (Moxa) which is connected to my PC on COM3.
In RSLinx I see the panel, but when I try to add the driver to Design(Local) window, I can not see the panel.
In diagnostic window I have error:
DF1: Failed to open '\\.\COM3', error = 0x00000005.

Also, when I add the driver and select it, I have message:
Select a different path - Serial-DF1 cannot be used.

Can someone help me to solve this?
Thanks!

Ok guys, I have just fix this.
I lost two days for this, and the problem was that RSLinx was opened in the same time as FactoryTalk, and because of that I had a COM3 problem. o_O

Conversion log file

After conversion I got .log file with information about what I should change. Many of them are similar and I resized the list for you. These are the messages:

---------------------
Bit and LSBit triggered alarms that used a Trigger Tag with a Bit data type will only be able to trigger a single alarm after import.

Screen 2 - Overview: For LSB support, refer to on-line help for correct syntax of Multistate Indicator's Value control at (25,40)."

Screen 2 - Overview: Screen security settings not converted.

Screen 3 - Passwords: Select Operator Button at (64, 32) not supported.

Screen 3 - Passwords: Verify password button at (64, 96) not supported.

Screen 8 - Alarm Summary: Alarm List at (0, 16) does not support displaying alarms that do not require acknowledgement.

Screen 150 - Fault Code: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (1, 10).
--------------------------

If you have some hint for me, or explanation how to make it work, I will appreciate it.
Thanks!

Last edited: