Copy Any I/O to DB Siemens S7

Jim.M

Hello, How can i copy an I/O area from ex profibus/profinet to My FB instance DB via a spcified number. I want to have an input pin on the block where i can just typ start adress on tha I/O!!?!

Some help would be really nice../:oops:

Usually LD will take care of any questions pertaining to pointers. I'll try to have a go at it.

#In_Adr is an INPUT parameter to an FC or FB.
The below code should work in inputs in the process image. Not sure if it works also for inputs outside the process image (Peripherial inputs).

Code:
      L     #In_Adr
      SLD   3                  // push 3 bit positions, to fit word address to pointer format.
      LAR1  

L     IW [AR1,P#0.0] 
      // do something with the 1st input word.

L     IW [AR1,P#2.0]
      // do something with the 2nd input word.

L     PIW [AR1,P#2.0]     // sample access to peripherial input address.

edit: Changed SLW 3 to SLD 3. Should not be so critical, only if the input adress is a very high one which is unlikely.

Last edited:
So the Pointer here points att the specified I/O area.. But where does it transfer the data to my local data in my instance DB.

Can i simply change this if i also want to write to I/O area

Last edited:
Quick and dirty would be to do like this:

L IW [AR1,P#0.0]
T #DriveInputWord1 // setup in FB declaration
L IW [AR1,P#2.0]
T #DriveInputWord2 // setup in FB declaration

edit: I think it should also be possible to build an ANY pointer and transfer the whole area between I-area and IDB-area in one go with SFC14.
But here I am not so sure how to create the ANY pointers. I could do it but it would take me some time to read up on it.
This would be a job for ANY-Pointer-man (LD !) ;)

You can also write to outputs like this:

L #Out_Adr
SLD 3
LAR1

L #DriveOutWord1
T QW [AR1,P#0.0]

Last edited:
edit: I think it should also be possible to build an ANY pointer and transfer the whole area between I-area and IDB-area in one go with SFC14.
]

If I remember correctly, the SFC14 (and 15) only works with consistent IO areas with lengths of 3, 5+ bytes.

You could dechiper an any-pointer to copy from any area using L/T instructions. It should be several examples (mainly made by LD) in the plctalk archive.

Kalle

In your Step7 help function, you'll find a description of the format of the anypointer.
And here's also some info:
http://www.plcdev.com/book/export/html/624

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the SFC14 (and 15) only works with consistent IO areas with lengths of 3, 5+ bytes.
True.
In case you just need to transfer 1,2 or 4 bytes, you just use a simple load and transfer instruction.
L IBx
T byte
L IWx
T word
L IDx
T doubleword

L byte
T QBx
L word
T QWx
L doubleword
T QDx