rslogix 5000 fatal error

shkoko2000

i have rslogix 5000 v16,17,19 and 20 when i open program version 16 there is an error appears in the pics below, i remove the source of version 16 and install it again and the problem is still existing and i can't make a new program with version 16 but other versions are opening without errors, how can i solve this problem

fatal 1.gif fatal2.gif

I have come across similar when trying to copy and paste code from different versions. Just having the wrong version on your clipboard can lead to a crash when trying to use another version of the software. Do you get this error when only having 1 version open?

I get that all the time on W7 Pro if I run CCleaner or sometimes if windows updates.

What I did is copied the RSLogix 5000 stuff to my hard drive and installed it from there. When this happens, all I do is run a repair, and everything is back to normal in a few minutes. That way I don't have to carry discs with me everyplace I go. It happens quite often, but repair works quick.

Known issue with version 16 and Windows 7. Only v19 and later are "officially" supported on Windows 7, although most earlier version work just the same. But v16 only works on some versions of Windows 7. I can't give you an exhaustive list, only what I've come across, but v16 will not work (and will crash exactly like you are seeing) on W7 32 bit, but will work on W7 Professional 64 bit. Or else you'll have to find an old XP machine, it works on XP.

VM's are very useful for situations like this. But in any case, I've heard rumours that the v16 firmware also has some issues, so whenever I come across a v16 project, if I can get the client to agree, I flash it up a version or two. Problem is you still have to get the project open in v16 first, to update the project file

67812 - RSLogix 5000 Fatal Error - Source File: unknown - OS Version: Unrecognized OS ( - Build 7600)
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

Hmm, hadn't seen that one before. Perhaps that was the issue for me all along, not the version of windows. Although unfortunately I no longer have a non-working laptop to test the theory on ;)

Repair isn't working anymore.

Now I'm getting this:

Mon Oct 13 14:15:30 2014

Fatal Error!

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v20\Bin\RS5000.Exe
Elapsed execution time: 1 minute & 27 seconds

Version: V20.01.00 (Release)
Source File: unknown
Line Number: -1
Function/Method: unknown

OS Version: Windows 7 32-bit (Service Pack 1 - Build 7601)
Thread Id: 000014bc (5308)

Error 0xc0000005 (-1073741819)

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION - An "access violation" exception was generated.

No project file is currently open.

Just got it fixed this morning.

Solution was to do a repair on Factory Talk Services Platform, then reboot.

Then, delete the hidden *.rnl files in the hidden folder C:> ProgramData > Rockwell Automation > Factory Talk Activation, then reboot.

Fired right up! Problem was with V20. I uninstalled that earlier and V19 would open without any problems. Now V20 is working again.

Thanks!!!