S7-200 password recovery

wael tawfik

hi all of you
this the first time for me in this amazing forum
actually i have S7-200 connected to Winview HMI an the HMI project file has been lost ,and i have big problem with S7-200 especially 226CN,i wana to open the project file to know the different tags so i will program the HMI
now i want to recover the plc password ,any one can help me to do that in safe way

Breaking passwords, or "back-door" entry into password protected systems is a subject that is not allowed on this forum, please look elsewhere.

Even if you have documented proof that you have the intellectual rights to access the application, then you should look to the manufacturer of the equipment for project recovery, not here.

Even then, some manufacturers cannot gain access...

This is a cloned Siemens PLC the 226CN
(CN)
represents China
you will need to search this site for the version Microwin software you need and how to use it.
I suggest this is already a cloned machine and wish you well.
as has been said we will not give back door instructions.

Siemens will not help either

firstly,thanks for your reply and for your help
this is not cloned machine ,this is my machine ,i have paid for it to the chines machine and has all the rights to get a backup of the software or at least has the password for it
no my production is broken because of this problem and communicated with the manufacturer and replied my that thy doesn't know about this issue and they didn't put any password
so am not cheating here
any way i have solved this problem by clearing the CPU and reprogrammed the PLC and HMI
again thanks and best regards

I was referring to the CPU of the PLC is a Chinese Siemens Clone and not actualy supported by Siemens.
The CN shows this and has been covered by many posts in this forum.

IMHO it doesn't matter whether the processor is a pukka Siemens, Allen-Bradley, etc., or a chinese "clone".

The forum rules are that password recovery techniques are not allowed to be posted, and that rule should stand for any manufacturer.

That is %100 correct Daba.
I said that too mate. But we will still be saying that for the next 10 years.
For me any way.

thanks for all
as this the forum rules,i will be yield to it
but as all of u know when you are in big trouble like this you will seek any soulution to servive but to be clear,Siemens have to take action about this issue and be informed thay this plc not cloned one because it has been manfactured under licence of siemens in chaina like omron,sew,panasonic,mitsubishi,etc
i behaved in legal way as i cleared the program and reprogramed it but it take long time to do this because it is big project
any way thanks for all of u
best regards

I have no idea about the license. But it may be conditional that the PLC be not sold outside China. I know there is some issues. That's all.

Just about everything that Siemens is selling now is coming from China, I buy and sell a lot and all the 200's also 1200's are now all made in China, I have also found that a lot of the 300's are coming from there... that said they do not have the 'CN' after the part number, I think they are making two version one for the China market and another for everyone else

going by the previous posts the CN is primarily using Chinese
not read any further details

Just about everything that Siemens is selling now is coming from China, I buy and sell a lot and all the 200's also 1200's are now all made in China, (...)

actually i think they returned manfacturing of their plc's back to germany because of something to do with competing in EU projects and that EU demand products ot be made in EU

as for the topic in question i must add that password protected programs are PITA. aside from protecting intellectual proprietary of programmer they condemn you to maintenance from programmer. that kind of business is the one that would work only once with me. but it's up to everyone needs and tastes

Last edited: