FTView V7

PLC Pie Guy

Hey all.
I am using Factory Talk View version 7. I am having an issue with the Symbol Factory objects.
When I copy something into my project. Lets say its a tank with legs under it. Between the legs and bordering the entire object, there is the white border. I know I can't modify these objects but is there someway to make this white part the same color as my background?
I have looked at the object properties and I can see in the GENERAL tab selections for Image color, image back color and Image back style. None of these properties seem to change anything about the object. I would think selecting image back style as transparent would do what I want but no dice.

Any advice?

Thanks

Well, your problem appears to stem from you putting an image onto your screen and then pasting from the library. It's the image that's causing the background / border issue.

You should just open the Symbol factory and drag the symbol from the library to the screen you want it on.

OK. That works.
I'm still confused about something though.
A few days ago I called AB tech to ask the question of how to get the graphics from the symbol library to my project. The drag and drop was not working at all for factory symbol objects, only with native objects.
They described to me the method of copying from the symbol factory and then pasting it to the images folder. I get the images but as you said the image was causing background issues.
What circumstance would not allow me to drag and drop as I am doing now?
I don't know what properties would disallow this.

Thanks

I also don't know why drag and drop would not work (windows controls much of this functionality). Maybe a reboot would help in that situation.

But, you can also copy and paste from symbol library to your screen.

Actually when the drag and drop was not working was last Friday. I did shut the PC down for the weekend and now its working. Maybe it was windoze related. Funny that AB tech led me through the copy paste method and never suggested to me that something abnormal was happening.
This is my first real project with FTView, always used RSV32 until now.

Thanks for the help! Very much appreciative!