1746-OA8 output always on

YTC_ET

This is a new machine install using 1794-OA8 flex I/O. We are powering a small Sonalert piezo electric buzzer and 2 lamps from these outputs But even with the outputs off the buzzer sounds and the lights stay illuminated. I swapped out the module with a new unit to see if teh outputs were bad. i suspect the leakage current thru the triac but not to smart about that. From what I read on AB info sheet I tried putting a 150K ohm resistor in parallel with teh buzzer and that did not help.
Any advice besides maybe using relays?

Last edited:
I have used slave relays to solve this issue. The small wafer style, they don't take up much space.

You did mean the 1794-OA8 ?

leakage.jpg

Similar Topics

Hi, having some issues with scalings (SCP commands) with some Vegapuls 65 guided wave radar level transmitters. I've set the min/max in the...
Replies
Views
I had a 1746-HSCE go suspected bad. have to swap the card in the morning. Other than dip switch settings is there any configuration to do?
Replies
Views
Happy Friday everyone! I recently installed a new module, 1746 NIO4I, into the last slot on this chassis. Got the normal IO mismatch fault, added...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where to get either new or aftermarket 1746-N3 connectors and cables for SLC 32 point discrete in cards? I have a used MCC that...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace a SLC5/05 processor with an AENTR adapter. Configured the rack in a compactlogix. The connection to all of the cards in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom