1747-uic vs. Slc 5/01

JAJA . Ok u guys . Im on it. I'll make a post once I get any progress. Thanks
icon21.gif
icon21.gif

Yep, straight Patch cables work.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=375256&postcount=4

And from your reply in that same thread it sounds like you are still having trouble.

The 1747-UIC is very solid. You must follow the directions from Rockwell (directions come with the device) to configure RSLinx. Sometimes I have to reboot my computer but it always works when I follow Rockwell's directions. Do you have another PLC or another computer you could test it with?

... do NOT use the DF1 driver, Use UIC devices....

The DH485 UIC devices option is not on my ver. 2.42 of RSlinx.
If I download the latest copy (ver. 2.54) from RA website will it be there? (Downloading now)

Why do you recommend this versus the RS-232 DF1 devices?
Thanks

The answer to the first question is "Yes".

The answer to the second question is "Its easier". Com port, station number that's all.

The answer to the second question is "Its easier". Com port, station number that's all.

Mickey's correct (again) I have a driver setup for a UIC and it works everytime.... I don't have to change anything, just plug in the cable and start RSLinx then play :)

Just make sure that you plug the cable first or your will need to stop and restart the driver

Hi Jake,

I dont think so but let me double check tonight, last I remember you need a PIC or a newer 1747-UIC from AB for that slower speed

Do you have the program? if you have a offline copy you can clear the PLC memory then download with the faster communication speed