1756-ENBT Email to SMTP

StoltzJordan

Hello again,

I'm currently looking into adding some e-mail functionality for a CompactLogix processor. Looking at this manual (chapter 7), I've found the information I need to set up the logic and configure the 'MESSAGE' tags for setting up the mail server connection and sending the email itself.

For testing purposes, I'm running this logic on a 1756-L61 processor (Not a CompactLogix, just something that was available for testing at the moment). What I would like to do in order to verify this functionality is send the e-mail from a gmail account to another gmail account that I've created for this purpose. I've set up the EmailConfigstring and EWEB_EMAIL tags to contain the values I want (below), but the actual sending of the e-mail (The MSG instruction) is coming back with an error: "Error Code 16#001f - Error Processing Connection Related Service."

The EmailDstStr tag, which gives a little feedback, says "SMTP mail server host name DNS query not complete."

So I have two questions: Is my EmailConfigstring formatted correctly for what I'm trying to do? And why is it that I don't really have anywhere to type in a password for the email account that this will be sent from?

EWEB_EMAIL: To: [email protected]$r$l From: [email protected]$r$l Subject: TestMail$r$l$r$l This is a test message!!
EmailConfigstring: smtp.gmail.com 587