5000 V13, 1769sc-IF8U

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I wanted to tell a story about yesterdays experience for future help to others.

I arrived to a site to check and change a program for a Natural Gas Compressor. It has an L32E Processor.
Powered unit up, program was good. Go to go online, and it says i need to upload (backup isnt latest is why i normally have to do this) but would fault out.

A quick search here shows that RSlogix5000 v13 isnt meant for windows7, but many have made it work.
But i traced the error out to not having a module profile installed for the card (1769sc-IF8U, 8 universal analog inputs, i am using it for thermocouples, it can also do V,C,RTD)
I went to the manufacturers website(spectrum controls) Downloaded the AOP, installed it, still no luck. I thought of upgrading the firmware, but first called spectrum. they agreed, as the aop only starts at V15. I upgraded to v17, uploaded the program again and everything is good to go.

Anything else i could have done?

I have the link that helped me below, for reference to others:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=57234