505 ladder logic timer problem

atifplus

I am trying to change the preset valve of timer from HMI (IFIX)

seems like i can't put any V mem address in that section
Is there any trick for doing that logic.

Thanks
timerxq2.png

atifplus said:

Thanks
timerxq2.png

Try using the following, This is DOS TiSoft V7.0 screen
Look at element # 737

timer_preset.jpg

curlyandshemp said:
Try using the following, This is DOS TiSoft V7.0 screen
Look at element # 737

timer_preset.jpg

Oh awesome so the preset value is stored in TCP memory
Thanks bud for the help I was thinking of designing a weird ladder to activate hardcoded timer choices :p

Life saver

atifplus said:

Thanks
timerxq2.png

iFix can access the timer preset directly no reason to use a V memory location at all. I think you've figured that out already. Since the TI timers count down, it's very easy easy to display the time remaining on a HMI screen. With the right scaling on the HMI end, you can convert the seconds to minutes very easily.

Ken Moore said:
iFix can access the timer preset directly no reason to use a V memory location at all. I think you've figured that out already. Since the TI timers count down, it's very easy easy to display the time remaining on a HMI screen. With the right scaling on the HMI end, you can convert the seconds to minutes very easily.

hehe ^^

yeap I am using the TCP and TCC memory. No V-mem needed :).

the hard part is now to search for free timer location, and internal coil memory in 505. and i am done :)

My HMI is done too and it is crazzy.. the button to activate the b-pass with colors indicating if it is on or off and different color if it is completed ;) and now with TCP and TCC i can look at the time :O waaah!!! now i finally got some respect for TI505 :p