755 Encoder question

I have a 755 Drive with a Single Incremental Encoder Module.
I want to have the drive running on one encoder channel (A).

I hooked all the wires up to my encoder and set the bits in word 1 such that BIT#1 is a 1 (A-Channel only) I also set Bit #4 as Single ended.

I ran the motor and my feedback error (PAR 641) Shows 52.456 RPM

On the encoder MMI i see no feedback on the MMI when the motor is running

Any one have a Flashlight and illuminate what I am doing wrong ??

Thank you

Some more Data that I found

The drive is set to EDGE counting on the original feedback, not sure if that implies A + B Up and Down the manual just states that if you want edge counting just insert a 1 into the bit pattern.

What I did was: I left the wiring as is (no removal of wiring) and changed the bit to look at channel A only it did work but the feedback speed has now increased. My Speed feedback error is now +/-0.000

I can only deduce that the increase in speed (almost x2) is due to the feedback channel B being ignored so the drive sees 1/2 of what it used to see. To make the speed loop happy it needs to double the output speed.

This is not what I want or need. Can I change the Encoder pulses per Revolution to 1/2 of what I have (1024) or do I need to re-calibrate the feedback ???

Last edited: