A-B ATA PC Card

franco823

I'm trying to use a standard ata card to save panelview applications in it, but when connect card PV "Unformatted card" appears. Tried to format but "Error 324" appears. Is it the off the shelf card the problem? Are the AB ATA cards the only compatible cards panelviews will work with? Please Help.

Which type of PanelView terminal, and what revision ?

PanelView Standard terminals (the 550/600/900/1000) support the older A-B Linear Flash cards through all revisions. Terminals with version 3.0 or later firmware support ATA Flash cards.

I have had very good success with third party ATA Flash cards in PanelView Standard terminals, but I know A-B doesn't guarantee universal compatibility.

Thank you for the information Ken. One more thing, do you know if there is a card size limitation (ie. card can't be larger than 32 MB)where if the card is larger than the limit it wont work? Once again, thank you.

Any size limit is imposed by the FAT16 file system on the card.

I've successfully used cards up to 512 MB, but it's probably been over a year since I used a PanelView Standard.

I do know that any removable media formatted with FAT32 or NTFS file systems cannot be used by a PanelView.