Ab 1769-l30erms safety task properties cip safety errors

ROBOT_ETECH

Hello,
I am working with an ongoing problem pertaining to AB1769 to FANUC R30iA, errors in ETHERNET COMMUNICATION. It is a cell containing 1 robot, a Press, and the automation panel.

The problem is a milisecond related lapse in communication in the CIP SAFETY ETHERNET COMMUNICATIONS between the Safety PLC and Robot. The operator resets and continues. I believe the traffic is overloaded or Need to delay the fault checking. The automation added in the last year.

Question being HOW CAN I CHANGE ETHERNET DEVICE (ROBOT and SAFETY TASK) PROPERTIES in RSLOGIX STUDIO existing running program. There is an identical cell from the same vendor: add-on robot and automation that does not fail. We found the difference in the cells to be in the properties: SAFETY TASK CONFIGURATION settings and in the ROBOT PROPERTIES CONNECTION TAB AND SAFETY TAB there are differences between the faulting cell and non faulting cell. The RPI, CONNECTION REACTION TIME LIMIT are different in the robot properties inside the PLC PROGRAM. In the SAFETY TASK PROPERTIES, there are differences BUT we cannot figure out how to make them the same or better. The settings are "LIGHTENED OUT".

We tried offline, program mode, etc.

Please help and Thanks

STUDIO 5000 V28.00 Standard Edition

Just read other post, Responder stated to that post HE needed GUARD LOGIX.

Is that what your suggesting?

Thanks for replying

I believe standard is no good. You need full or professional for safety related edits.

Maybe someone will verify soon, but I’m pretty sure that’s your issue.

Wauseon Machine tech will get correct software versions tonight and return in morning to make changes.

Thank all for input.

Making sure the devices comm settings in the properties are the same between non faulting cell and faulting cell is a start to eliminating the random ETHERNET comm CIP safety drop between robot and safety plc.