Active recipe lists

Mgw1970

How would one create an active list on studio 5000 to be displayed on panelview.
Meaning Active = All names that include an attribute that is the same as another would display.
So if recipe name/number 1, 5, 9 use the same setup value they would be the only one's that would be displaying to choose from, instead of the whole recipe list.

I am sure it could be done but it will be complecated
hy not use a computer for the HMI display and setup as database to display only the data you want.

Whats it worth

yes,
it can be done, we have done it on a plc 500. it WILL take time to do !
you will have to set up the data tables in the plc, and then set up the screens for the display.
there are several questions.
how many recipes? how many parameters? numeric or alphanumeric data?
what processor and memory size? what display are you using?
regards,
james

Right now they only have 10 recipes but they can go up 25.
parameters:
Mandrel number 1-10 ( this is the item they change for topping dispense and is what it reads for what recipe names display)
and approximately 15 other parameters.
alphanumeric
Processor is a 1769-30ER 1MB memory.
panelview plus 7

Playing around with the program I've got it to display the name for what mandrel is installed but it's not displaying all of recipes that use that mandrel.
COP Recipe.name_storage[current_mandrel]
Active recipes
Should I be using equals instruction instead?

How I would approach your problem is something like this:

Create a UDT that contains all the info for a given recipe: Name, ID, Mandrel No, setpoints, etc.

Create an Array of the UDT (length 10, or 25, or whatever the max will be). Call it StoredRecipes. Make a second array, called AvailableRecipes.

Then, when they filter on which recipe they want (Mandrel = 1), clear a counter and FFL AvailableRecipes. Use the FSC to find the first recipe that that matches. When ctrl.FD is set, COP StoredRecipes[ctrl.POS] AvailableRecipes[counter], increment the counter, and unlatch the .FD and .IN bits.
The next scan (or loop back to continue if you feel the need to do it all in one scan), the next record will be appended to AvailableRecipes, and so on. Once the ctrl.DN bit is set, AvailableRecipes will have all the recipes that match your criteria.

The Panelview will then display each line of AvailableRecipes. If there are only 3 items, only the first 3 records will have data. And you could use the value of the counter to control the visibility of the empty records.

I'm leaving out a lot of steps and gotchas, of course. But that way you'll learn.