AD terminator I/O

eastkodakguy

Hey all,
After everyone saying great things about automation directs plc's, I am thinking about taking the plunge. I am highly interested in their remote I/O "terminator"ethernet or devicenet. I have read alot of good things about it and was wondering if any of you have utilized it before. I am primarily interested in using it with a AB based controller. I know it supports the SLC, But does it support the Controllogix?
any info appreciated
Dallas Smith

www.PowerhouseAutomation.com

Hi

I also wonderind if someone try to use the Terminator with DL06 with Ethernet or Modebus.
It look good to me idea to expand the DL06 for long distance I/O.
Any opinion would be appreciate.
BTW Dallas I spend some time in Fayetteville, Arkansas when I installed my first line over there,and I have some good memories,especially from the bar in the old power statoin.

All the best

I have used it with a custom industrial computer interface (which was designed by someone else). It worked just as advertised. However, everything was in the same cabinet.

I've considered the Terminator, but not after working out the total cost.... Consider other alternitatives such as Modbus or DirectNet or Slice I/O etc. Depending on the project you might find Terminator more expensive.

If I had a project with an AD processor I would use the terminator I/O because it supports AD's ethernet solution. If I would need remote I/O with an other processor I would probably look at Wago. They are cheap and don't need a socket.