Allen Bradley 1734-AENT issue

DominikPi

Hi everyone, new to forum. Since very long time i having issue with 1734-AENT module, after some period of time its keep stuck in error (simmilar to this thread as Adam 13 have Rockwell 1734-AENT Point IO module keeps faulting). His solution was to turn module to auto-negotiation. With my problem it didnt work, still lossing comunication once a while (as in pic). We got two same machines and only in one this problem occurse, replaced module, back plate, communication module, module in plc,cabels etc. and nothing helps. Is anybody solve simmilar issue?

Attachments

• aentr.png
    aentr.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 41
Make sure the PLC communicating with the 1734-AENT is ALSO in auto-negotiate. They also noted that if communication fails, it resorts to half-duplex which could be causing your FCS errors. Try manually setting the speed/duplex to FULL at both ends.

I had Powerflex 40P's using 22-COMM-E cards that were constantly causing network collisions and FCS errors that would eventually drop out the 1734-AENT rack due to mis-configuration of each drive's comms.

Yes
Make sure the PLC communicating with the 1734-AENT is ALSO in auto-negotiate. They also noted that if communication fails, it resorts to half-duplex which could be causing your FCS errors. Try manually setting the speed/duplex to FULL at both ends.

I had Powerflex 40P's using 22-COMM-E cards that were constantly causing network collisions and FCS errors that would eventually drop out the 1734-AENT rack due to mis-configuration of each drive's comms.
Both sides was in auto-negotiayte. But aent modul stuck for half duplex for whole time, on othere machine there is always full duplex, i will try to set them up manually, thanks for answer.

Setup, full duplex at 100mb/s on both side, but still got issue time to time. At this point i got no idea what to do :(. Maybe some EMC problem?

Attachments

• aent2.png
    aent2.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 18

Ken pretty much sums this up. Might want to test your ethernet cable.

Ken pretty much sums this up. Might want to test your ethernet cable.
Ethernet cabble is replaced. Set back to autonegotiate now its full duplex but still with problem. I changed the "Request Packet Interval" from 10 to 20ms becouse "Max Observed Network Delays" is sometimes more than 12ms, but still it didnt solve the problem. :rolleyes: And as you can see there is no more aligment or FCS errors, but now plc module got problem even more often than previous o_O

Attachments

• aent3.png
    aent3.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Posting the images of the safety modules seems to change the scope of the issue you are having. What is the actual error you are seeing, and where is it coming from? There is a knowledgebase article related to the safety cards, and issues with modules built between certain dates. ID: IN34116 | Access Levels: Everyone. You don't need a TechConnect contract to view that article, but you will need to create a free account.

It also doesn't look like ownership has been set for your safety modules, so you need to look into that as well.

Are there any other devices on the same network? Are they all set to auto-negotiate? Do you have any duplicate IP addresses on the network?
No duplicated adresses for sure, at one machine there is 192.168.2.xxx on the secon 192.168.3.xxx. To those ip addresses there is only realted ethernet plc module and this aent module nothing else.
What version of Studio are you using?
Posting the images of the safety modules seems to change the scope of the issue you are having. What is the actual error you are seeing, and where is it coming from? There is a knowledgebase article related to the safety cards, and issues with modules built between certain dates. ID: IN34116 | Access Levels: Everyone. You don't need a TechConnect contract to view that article, but you will need to create a free account.

It also doesn't look like ownership has been set for your safety modules, so you need to look into that as well.

Error on included pic. Module doesnt have ownership becouse it was replaced (before was same issue). Thank you for link, will check.

Attachments

• aent4.png
    aent4.png
    265.4 KB · Views: 11
Replace your safety module. As MikeyN noted, there was an issue with a certain build exhibiting the behavior you are seeing. Had a customer fight it for months....I only learned of it after the fact.