Allenbradly

edwaw

hey
please, can any body show me how to connect to allenbradly plc
i tried to connect to SLC5/03 using Rockwell software and the usb/dh 485 cable but i failed every time.

thank you Mickey , i did similar procedure but i have to do it all again i may have done a mistake
thank you alot

What port on the SLC5/03 are you trying to connect to?

Channel 1 DH485 port with DH485 connection.

Channel 0 RS232 port. Its default protocol is DF1 if using this port, it must be configured for DH485 when using the 1747-UIC.

If channel 0 is configured for DF1 protocol then a USB to Serial adapter will work ( if you don't have a real serial port)
Brand "Keyspan" is a good one. Not sure where you would get one in Libya.

See link below ( don't know if they ship there though)

http://www.plctrainer.net/

Last edited:
yes i am using 1747-UIC, but the OK led is always ON solid with the USB and DH-485 led's OFF
thank you for helping me
regards,,,,,,,,

What port are you trying to connect to on your SLC5/03?

The most common errors are the comm setting your USB device takes and the device type setup in RSLinx. See picture below.

commonErrors.jpg

thank you very much Mickey, you are really helping me on this, but i have to try the tips you recommended tomorrow and i will get back to you with the results. thank you gain

the 1747-UIC adaptor only works on rs-485 connections this would be channel one, channel zero is the rs 232 port this one uses the 1747-cp3 cable if you do not have a serial port some usb to serial adaptors do not work some do. keyspan is one that does however another one that does is the AB-9300 USBS. I've also found that the Omron CIF31 USB to serial adaptor does as well. In this case the correct driver you will need is RS 232 SLC/Micro (Df1) make sure you check control panel as to which port the adaptor is using.

the 1747-UIC adaptor only works on rs-485 connections this would be channel one, channel zero is the rs 232 port this one uses the 1747-cp3 cable if you do not have a serial port some usb to serial adaptors do not work some do. keyspan is one that does however another one that does is the AB-9300 USBS. I've also found that the Omron CIF31 USB to serial adaptor does as well. In this case the correct driver you will need is RS 232 SLC/Micro (Df1) make sure you check control panel as to which port the adaptor is using.

Just for clarity, the 1747-UIC will work on channel zero (RS232 port) if channel zero's protocol has been configured for DH485.

See the link, this may help... it also covers how to install the UIC so you can just skip that part, its for our UIC but they are the same as Rockwell's (all but the way they look and our C13 can not be removed)

Also make sure you are using the correct cable and NOT a cross over... if you did use a cross over cable buy a new UIC

www.plctrainer.net/1747UICProcedure.pdf

((Thanks for the plug Mickey))