authorization PROBLEM

new guy

N
hello,

I have step7-V5.2 insatlled on my PC with unlimited authorization for it, it has been working fine for a month now i checked the authorsW to see if its there and confirmed it, now when i open my manager, the "searching for authorization" appears and then does not find any. please help, thanks

Two possibilities occur to me:

1) Are you sure you installed the unlimited authorisation and not the 14-day emergency version?

2) Are you using authorsW or the newer Automation Licence Manager? I've never seen it happen with authorsW, but with the ALM, if you start Simatic Manager too quickly after booting the PC (particularly if you start it in Autostart) then you will get this problem.

I had the same problem once, the key was listed but it was corrupt. You can right click on the key and choose "Check" and it will test the key, if it is corrupt just call Siemens for a new disk.

it still wont work, i tried shuting down and waiting for a while, and i defently have the unlimited disk, and Authorsw, this dum thing was just working a week ago...

for the site givien, i dont understand how to use this

The site is a cheap charlie site for cracks - for people that can't compete without using cheap **** software - use it , and deserve what you get . Be carefull if you use this rubbish mixed with valid licenses- siemens are now wise , and ALM can and does browse the net . I will get real stick from the taffy apple because I abhor cracks for people that do this for a living - I could just about tolerate a student or a private guy running unlicensed software - but anyone else is just stealing work .

This aside , do call Siemens - I have had my faith restored by my dealings with siemens today , they have gone beyond the call with Drives ES and return of equipment (whilst new) was out of guarantee . Give them a try - I'm impressed

Last edited:
Ff

Grow up.

Do you own the Siemens Software Co, or are you brown-nosing their title?

You keep on about Cheapo Charlies, "stealing work" and other waffle - it's boring now. Said your piece - leave it at that.

I suppose you don't speed, drink/drive or fiddle expenses either!

Last edited:
TA

It is called personal pride

"I suppose you don't speed, drink/drive or fiddle expenses either!" - I think that is obviously a fair guide to your character .

You will be saying that diddling the benefits is OK next.

chill out kids!

anyway - if you call siemens they will check if you have a bona fide authorization disk (KHE number etc.). if so they will go through a restore feature on the phone (while you are on the pc). basically they have a code generator - you enter the code they give you in AuthorsW and restore the license to you disk.

dam this,

ok i called siemens and to request the enable code that will increment the counter by one on my A disk, i placed the code but it did not change the conter, its still 0, and i cannot remove the old fulty key, they said to delete the EKB and HRD file in my directoy in the hard drive, i found the ekb file but not the hrd file, if they cant do it who the hell will.