AutoCad Drawing- Please help

JRW

Guys and Gals
I have AutoCad Electrical 2004. I'm definitely no expert and just dabble with AutoCad. Can someone see if they can open this, convert it to a .dwg and save it so I can open it in my version?

I had to .zip it because the max file size it 300k

I really appreciate it.

Jay

Download this. I use 2002 AutoCad and it is what I use to open files created in newer AutoCad versions. It is a converter from Solid Works. You just make it a plug in for your AutoCad.

http://www.dwggateway.com/pages/products/index.html

Once you use it to open the drawing just save the drawing as a drawing in your version.

Note: You may not be able to alter the drawing though. If this is the case you may want to go back to the Seimens sight and download the DXF version of your drawing if it is available.

Last edited:
Clay
I read the info at the link- will this convert a dxf?
This is what I have.
Can you try to convert the attached?

Bob,
The Siemens drawing attached is dxf- Im not using the EPLAN

I tried to convert but I couldn't get the converter to see the .dxf but I can view it in DWG TrueView.

Here it is pdf.

Same here Bob
I can even open it in Visio- cant make modifications to it of course
Im trying to use this as a template for a small project Im doing.

Sorry it took me so long. I use a 500gig harddrive to go between my virtual machines and sometimes it takes it a minute to transfer over.
I saved it as a 2002 AutoCad Drawing. I can modify it so you should be able also. I left you dxf in the zip file with the one I created.

Here you go.
Should be 2004 version now.

Clay beat me to it. I used ACad 2009 to convert, don't know if that makes any difference though.

LOL..JRW you went from not having a drawing to being able to pick from 3 in the span of 3 minutes... Now thats service

šŸ»