Autocad Electrical 2008 location code

o_O can anybody help me out with the real concept of "Autocad Electrical 2008 location code".I am using it for a last couple of months but wasnt able to make out what the stuff is,N what for it is used????????

though I have a good piece of writnig from Autodesk user group attached below but still I cant make it out......especially WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF USING LOCATION CODE WHILE PLACING A COMPONENT IN THE DRAWING

Its been a few years since Promis-e, and the ACADE demo that we decided to buy into, but from what I could tell, location codes would be used to name the location of a device. ie- CC101 or CP5 or "2nd floor electrical room" or "Control Cabinet A" or "Vertical Mill #1". You would have to set a location code on each device in one way or another (by page ?)

This allows you to run reports, and sort/filter them by location. You could make a panel BOM for components in one panel (one floor's electrical room, one machine...) but put multiple panels/rooms/machines in one ACADE project.

Hope this helps.
-John

Its been a few years since Promis-e, and the ACADE demo that we decided to buy into, but from what I could tell, location codes would be used to name the location of a device. ie- CC101 or CP5 or "2nd floor electrical room" or "Control Cabinet A" or "Vertical Mill #1". You would have to set a location code on each device in one way or another (by page ?)

This allows you to run reports, and sort/filter them by location. You could make a panel BOM for components in one panel (one floor's electrical room, one machine...) but put multiple panels/rooms/machines in one ACADE project.

Hope this helps.
-John

That's how we use it. For example, if you want a to/from wire report within a panel you run the report with that panel as the source and destination.
Run the report with all external locations yields all of the field wiring.