Balluff BNI004A crashing Logix5000

trm

I have been attempting to find an answer for a couple weeks now and I am almost to the point of calling Rockwell, but I figured I'd give it one last ditch effort to see if anyone many have a clue as to what's going on...

A few weeks ago I was working on a minor program and added a Balluff BNI004A IO Link block to the program to run a stack light. No problems during the install, everything was working fine. As I was nearing the time to install the program, I was changing IP addresses and suddenly I could no longer open the properties of the module because it would crash Logix. Tried creating a new program and migrating the logic to it, and I as soon as I went to create the module it crashed Logix. Anything having to do with that creating or modifying that particular module in a program results in a crash. I have attempted to look at crash logs, but its empty. No other module I have come across causes a similar issue, and I have already reinstalled the EDS files for the module, and all of my RS Logix programs/versions (as fun as that was).

I'm about to pull out my hair. Any ideas what else may be causing this?

Hey, thanks for the response.

The particular program I was working in and noticed the problem was in v32 of Studio. BNI hardware/firmware is 6.3 and 4.0 (maybe backwards, not sitting in front of it right now), and using a ControlLogix L71 processor just for benchtesting.

But this is happening when I open the properties menu for any of the BNI004A blocks we have in any program from v15 all the way to v33, across the spectrum of firmware/hardware, and irrelevant of processor. We have probably 1000 or more blocks across 50 or so programs.

After a many grueling hours of installing tons of patches, I finally got everything installed all the way through the current roll-up patch for v35, and something in there managed to fix it. So, +1 to you jstolaruk. Thanks for the help!

Sorry you had to do so many patches. After unpacking the patch.exe file, the Setup.exe will evaluate your system and patch what it "thinks" needs to be updated.

A patch roll-up is available for April, not sure if May is available yet.

Glad to hear you are back working.