Basic PLC tutor needed

ragncajn

I'm taking a summer semester in PLC. I really think I've bit off more than I can swallow. Being that this is going to be such a short time to get a grasp on all thats being throwed at me. I have the LogixPro PLC Simulator but I need something or somebody to get me started on the basics. My professor is going to fast for me to grasp all the info.

Thanks CAJUN:

Step up to the challenge!

You might try a couple of these suggestions:
I really think I've bit off more than I can swallow
Drop the course and take it again when you can get another instructor or have a better mindset to work through the course.
I have the LogixPro PLC Simulator but I need something or somebody to get me started on the basics
If you have LogixPro, you should download the student exercises that Professor Bill has for you to use. They are excellent and he walks you through the exercise in a most understandable manner. They are also free, what a deal!
My professor is going to fast for me to grasp all the info.
Of course this is really the problem at its core. The professor is always a good scapegoat. The teacher has a class of students to be concerned about. Unless you are a class of one, you have to be ready to do some things to help yourself out.
1. Ask more questions.
2. Ask for time with the instructor out of class.
3. Get other students to give you an assist.
4. Form a study group with other students who may be having similar problems to your own.
5. Or better yet, find some reason to complain and someone to blame other than you. You are there to learn from the teacher, he or she can not do that for you. They can only guide you through the work if you are willing to put forth some real effort.
6. Last but not least, if you think the PLC class is hard and you are not keeping up, you should consider a different career than one in the industrial controls area. This arena is for those do not fade from the challenge of what a job will throw at them. It is a very elite group and you must pay your dues to become a member. We welcome you and will give you a hand, but not do it for you!
p.s. These suggestions are in addition to all those that have already been posted or those yet to come.