Beckhoff Light bus issues

sfindley

We have a machine that uses Beckhoff BK2000 lightbus couplers to make an I/O ring with 9 stations. We are having an issue where the machine will fault out and the I/O Err light on one of the Bus Terminals is flashing rapidly. The manual says that when this light flashes rapidly, it is the "Start of the error code". When we have had other light bus issues, this light will flash rapidly for a couple seconds and then there are two sequences of slower flashes to identify the type and location of the error.

Our issue is that the light just flashes rapidly...it never stops flashing until we reboot the machine.

I can't find anywhere in the manual where this condition is addressed. We have tried changing out a number of the modules in this bus terminal, including the BK2000 itself. We have also tried cleaning all of the terminals on the sides of the modules to ensure we have good contact.

It is a weekend, so technical support is not open...anybody have ideas/suggestions?