beckhoff vs siemens

Hi,
It seems that this thread has been quiet :nodi: for a while. Anyway, I am confronted with the same problem. I have a master S7-300 (CPU 319) and a CX1020 which I had been told by Beckhoff could be quickly turned into a profinet device with their library. Things turned out differently.

The CX is supposed to run its own program and communicate with the profinet device, which, in turn, will communicate with the S7 cpu. As far as I know, I should be able to use Twincat System Manager to configurate the modules and link program variables to terminals. Also, configurate profinet device, add profinet submodules (byte, word, dword, etc...) as needed and , I guess, link other program variables to these profinet submodules.

Anyway, I am a bit lost and I would appreciate any help about this subject.

Thanks

Solved

Hello,
well, I have this thing working now.
Quick tips:
1. Install Twincat Profinet supplement in CX
2. Configure in system manager the profinet device following the indications in Beckhoff infosys web site.
3. Check the I/O cycle time in TIA portal, it has to be greater or equal to Beckhoff task cycle time.
4. Configure profinet device in TIA portal.
If anyone needs any information, do not hesitate to ask.
Regards.

Nice to hear this outcome.
BTW, I made a UDP protocol for transmitting and receiving commands and reports from a PC to a S7-12xx.
They ask me to do the same but with beckhoff... and of course, I know nothing about that system. I do all my programs in SCL and do some libraries and i can translate to other languages like VB and C. Hearing this threat I wonder what if I would sell the idea of communicating a little Siemens with profinet connection and left all my program in the Siemens... OR... somebody point me out how to start Beckoff.

Is the Beckhoff capable of UDP connections? etc? Thanks!

Yes, Beckhoff has the ADS interface, you can everything with it, lots of code examples on how to read an write data into a from a Beckhoff PLC using it.

Thank you for your replay.
I have read what you point me out and that is how to get access in order to write and read the memory of the Beckhoff. What I mean is it is possible to Beckhoff to read and write on a S7-12xx over profinet.
But at least I know that I have a chance to make my programs using Beckhoff tools.
A lot to read now.
Again thank you very much for that piece of info.