browser won't browse server through RADES modem

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using a Rockwell 9300 RADES ethernet modem, that connects to a POTS phone line on one side and to a paperless recorder with an embedded web server on the other. The recorder uses a static IP in one of the private, non-internet domains.

Two people have to access the info from the web server via home PCs. One can dial-up, log in, launch IE6, type in the IP address and view the web pages.

The other one can dial-up and log-in, but both IE6 and Foxfire fail to find the web server (page cannot be displayed).

The dial-up configuration works through RADES modem OK for both, but the web server won't respond to the browser request on the other.

The PC that connects OK runs XP SP1, the one that won't runs XP SP2.

Anyone have a clue as to how to force the web browser to pick up ppp port as it's been configured to?

Dan